Home > Covid-19
Te Raukura ki Kāpiti is committed to providing high-quality visitor experiences as the leading performing arts venue on the Kāpiti Coast.
The venue is compliant with the Government's Covid-19 directives to ensure that events can run as planned, safely and with maximum audiences. Ensuring that we are keeping our vulnerable community safe and that as many people as possible can enjoy events, theatre and the performing arts.
We welcome back full houses with no capacity restrictions. We continue to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff, their whanau, and our communities, so that we can safely continue to engage in a diverse range of performing arts events.
Our safety measures remain:
- Daily cleaning of the facility;
- Excellent ventilation within the theatres;
- Staff will wear face coverings if they please;
- Encouraging everyone to perform good hygiene practices;
- Asking that you please do not attend if you are unwell.
We look forward to bringing more events to the stage in 2022 and will update this page when there are changes that affect our operations.
Do I still have to wear a mask?
This is no longer a requirement, though Te Raukura staff will continue to wear face coverings.
Is physical distancing required?
You are not required to maintain physical distance from others. It is still worthwhile keeping a safe distance from people you do not know without a face covering. This will help reduce the spread of COVID-19 if it is in the community.
Will the kiosk be open for refreshments?
Yes, the kiosk will be open 45mins before event start time and at interval with a range of delicious beverages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options available) and tasty snacks for you to enjoy during the show.
My child attends Kāpiti College, does this change affect them?
Te Raukura operational measures are for public events and do not affect curriculum schooling at Kāpiti College. The Kāpiti College classroom spaces within Te Raukura remain operational for school during school hours.
What can you expect from the venue?
- Our staff will wear face coverings if they please.
- We have vast spaces with an excellent ventilation system in the theatres.
- We’ll still supply sanitiser at the entrance and continue with good hygiene practices whilst here.
- We will ensure compliance with the Government directives to keep our vulnerable community safe so that we can enjoy events, theatre and the performing arts.